This blog is for you if you are looking for photography tips, workflows and reviews.
A running joke: the garden is one of the first things new photographers start practicing in. So the greener my garden looks on this site, the better my photography is getting…
Long time amateur photographer. Started with Minolta film cameras, naturally migrating to their digital incarnation (Sony Alpha).
When not photographing, I am a senior web application developer working for the fastest growing company in the New Media advertising industry (not bad when our biggest competitors are Google and Microsoft). I have previously authored/co-authored 20 books on Web/graphic design (Flash/Photoshop/Director, published by O’Reilly, Wrox/FriendsOfEd and Sybex).
- Sony Alpha a77 camera (main camera)
- Sony Alpha a500 camera (backup camera)
- Panasonic Lumix GH2 (video and backup)
- Panasonic Lumix LX7 (advanced compact pocket camera)
- Olympus Stylus 1 (Advanced compact pocket camera).
- Sony Alpha mount SAL50F18 SAM 50mm f1.8 Portrait Lens
- Sony Alpha mount SAL1650 SSM 16-50mm f2.8,
- Sony Alpha mount SAL18250 All In One Zoom Lens (18-250mm)
- Tokina Alpha mount 11-16 f2.8 super wide angle lens
Lenses (Full Frame)
- Tamron Alpha mount AF 90/f2.8 Di 1:1 macro.
- Minolta Alpha mount 70-210 AF f4.0 (‘Big Beercan’).
- Minolta Alpha mount 35-70 AF f4.0 (‘Small Beercan’).
- Minolta Alpha mount 50mm AF f1.4.
- Sigma Alpha mount 24-70 f2.8 EX DG Macro.
- 2x Sony HVL F58AM
- Sony HVL F43AM
- Rogue Flashbender Portrait lighting kit
- Dörr DAF-14 ringflash
- Davis & Sanford Vista Voyager (aluminium)
- Hahnel Triad 200 (carbon fiber)
- Tascam DR07 sound recorder
- Opeka Steadivid (Steadicam clone)
- Digislider motorized dolly
- e-image/CowboyStudio EI717 Video fluid head
- X-Rite ColorChecker Passport
- Lowepro Flipside 200 Photo Backpack
- Adobe Lightroom
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Premiere
- Adobe After Effects
The headers to the main blog are taken from photographs appearing in the posts.
I assert copyright of my work. My work is not in the public domain nor is it free for commercial use.If you use my work commercially without permission I will retrospectively charge you a commercial rate plus reasonable additional fees (that will include my personal and legal costs in bringing the matter to completion).